Monday, October 29, 2007

Looking for some creativity

I've spent the day taking care of what I call busy work, and thus, I haven't gotten any real work done on my dissertation. I graded papers, went to the library, printed out articles, finished reading several articles, organized my notes, and tried to choose an anthology for the class I'm teaching next semester. I am in the need of a creative burst. I had one a few weeks ago after a very useful meeting with my advisor. I immediately got a horrific cold, and then I had a house full of family in celebration of Wild Man's birthday. I need to get this chapter written. But that is proving easier said than done. I have figured out what I want to say--or at least the crux of my argument; now I have to figure out how to organize it and say it. Tomorrow's mission is to simply start writing again. I wrote about 20 pages within 2 1/2 weeks, so I just need to get back to that point again. I am, however, convinced that I haven't done enough research, so I keep hearing this little voice in the back of my head saying, "You should really read X before you start writing." I have to learn how to ignore that voice.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

I hope you have a breakthrough soon. I have to start working on my diss as well! It'll be hard, but I have to try.