Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Curtains

So I'm contemplating ordering some curtains for my kitchen.  Actually a friend from Southwest College Town is starting up a sewing business, and she has offered to make some curtains for me for what I think is a really reasonable price.  Now I'm just trying to decide on fabric.  I like this one, this one,  and this one.  For some reason I want birds for the kitchen, and Archer assures me that isn't odd.  Is that because he's a good husband or because of what he does for a living?  Ultimately, our kitchen will have white cabinets and will be painted a butter yellow with blue accents (at least, that is the kitchen of my dreams), so I think these fabrics will work.

Dreaming of fabrics is a new thing for me.  I wonder if I'm actually nesting.  I've never done that before--yes, I've cleaned and organized prior to the birth of each of my children, but more because, well, it needed to be done, not because I had some overwhelming, uncontrollable desire to do it.  I really just want to redecorate the house though, not nest.  We've been here for 9 months, and it still doesn't feel like ours.    I'm thinking new curtains for the kitchen and a coat (or four) will help.

3 comments:

tracynicholrose said...

They are all lovely. I like the third the best. I also love butter yellow kitchens.

L said...

wow, it's been 9 months? I feel like it was yesterday that you were buying your new house, but yes, it was right before school started... and only 3 months after we bought ours.

Considering you're planning to paint the kitchen yellow, I think the third one is best. I LOVE the colors in the first one, but I think the print is a bit too "fanciful" -- the other two are more realistic and really really cute (not my colors, though, neither of them).

I don't think birds in the kitchen strange at all. Birds belong in any room of the house, especially now that they're totally in fashion (owls too). I think it's because of twitter! I hope you post before and after photos!

L said...

waitaminute, I just looked at the second one again (left the tab open) and I actually LOVE the colors, I really do. I'm obsessed with brown, and the beige background and burnt orange are perfect. I don't know if it'd go as well with yellow as the last one.