Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Remembering . . .

I took this picture about a month ago, while we were in the midst of our summer travels.  Here, Bear and Wild Man are trying to hold on to George long enough for me to snap a picture of the three of them.  They are also trying to sing "Happy Birthday" to George, who has no interest in sitting still or being sung to.  This image captures not just a moment, but a feeling that I want to hold on to.  George's exuberance at being able to crawl.  Bear and Wild Man's intense love for their younger brother.  The three of them together, which is how they are most often.  Archer was standing behind me, singing and laughing, so although he's not in the image, I know he was participating.  This is my family, and I love them.

4 comments:

L said...

awwwww, I LOVE this photo!!! Everything about it. How your oldest looks so much like Archer, how squirmy George may not want to be there or be sung to but still manages to have a most joyous & mischievous grin that shows how he adores his big brothers. And how Bear looks so cute and grown up singing with a big mouth.

Oh, and I didn't even mention how I LOVE their caps! ;-) My boys have one too (I need to get a second one, we used to have it but lost it somewhere).

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

They're just beautiful. And very fortunate to have you for a mom.

M said...

Thanks!!

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.