Thursday, October 14, 2010

I will not succumb

To the job wiki that is.  I have lots of friends commenting on things they've read on various academic job wikis.  I'm staying far, far away from the one in my field.  I don't need the added anxiety.

In other news, I've got 3 more applications ready to go out tomorrow.  That brings my total to 12 or so.  By the end, I'll have sent out near 60.  I'm taking my time, even though that means I'm sending out some at the last minute, because I'm trying to tailor every letter not only to the add but to the stated mission of the department.  It is making it more time consuming, but I'm hoping it means I'll have a better year.

2 comments:

AcadeMama said...

Alas, I already have. I'm not a slave to it, but I do check occasionally to see when others seem to be getting requests for additional info, interviews are scheduled, etc. It just lets me know which schools I can knock off my "wish" list. It's never been something I obsess about or put 100% stock into.

M said...

I just can't do it. I know myself well enough to know that I'd become obsessed. I can deal with not knowing. I can't deal with all the speculation.