Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Clothes

So shopping is never something I particularly enjoy.  I'm petite and I have what I consider a fairly classic style; I am a mom who likes to look nice but also wants to be comfortable without spending a fortune.  Unfortunately, I live in a town in which I am not a part of the target market.  I'm not a university aged female with her parents' credit card in my back pocket.  I also don't have much time or energy to go shopping, so how do I solve my current dilemma?  You know the dilemma?  I'm 8-weeks postpartum and not quite fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes, but I'm also tired of wearing maternity clothes, which are a bit too big.  Well, I go online.  Today, I'm ordering this, this, and probably this.  I may also order this and this. I'm also ordering some yoga pants (the staple of stay-at-home-moms everywhere) and new jeans.  I'm hoping all of this will hold me over till I can either make a trip to an outlet mall or lose the last 8 pounds of baby-weight.

And yes, I fully recognize this is, perhaps, one of the most boring posts I've ever written.

3 comments:

rented life said...

Did you buy that shirt in yellow? That's how it comes up and it's very pretty! The same day you wrote this I bought a dress at Target because most of my stuff doesn't fit me right.

M said...

No, I love yellow, but yellow doesn't love me! :)

Nitewriter said...

We have very similar tastes in styles. What I've done lately is purchase t-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve) with some sort of decoration so that I can wear them at home and if I need to run out for errands, or meeting DH for lunch or whatever, I can just go. Some are even a bit dressy for evenings out -- but not for around the house. Like for this one --