Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A list

I feel like my life is verging on boring, as our focus is on routine right now. But, as C reminded me the other day when I voiced this complaint to him, routine is essential with two kids. Even with the focus on routine, though, I somehow forget to do things, so I'm putting together a list of things that I have to do in the next week. I used to be much better at list making and at actually getting things done. Not so much anymore. I don't think my brain has recovered from pregnancy and my dissertation yet. Or at least that's what I'm blaming it on. . .
  • Write a proposal for major conference in my field
  • Work on several post-doc applications
  • Submit applications for summer teaching+
  • Wrap up a bunch of course prep stuff+
  • Set up a virtual meeting with my old adviser to discuss a grant that I want to submit
  • Brainstorm ideas for said grant
  • Make travel plans for February
  • Make some adjustments to my syllabus+
  • Complete revisions on dissertation chapter and get it submitted
  • Contact publishing rep who had shown interest in my Wharton chapter oh so long ago
  • Do some minor shopping for Bear, who keeps outgrowing all of his clothes at an amazingly rapid rate+
  • Read for tomorrow's class
  • Prep a coherent lecture for tomorrow's class
  • Buy 3 baby gifts and have them shipped to the appropriate people
Ok, I think that's all, or at least that is a start. I'm going to strive to mark off at least 4 of these today. But first, I have to write one more post. . .

So far, so good. I've actually marked 4 things off the list.

No comments: