Monday, January 11, 2010

A lazy Monday

C pointed out to me that we really need to be more organized on Mondays or else neither one of us will ever be prepared to teach on Tuesdays. This is the second Monday of the term, and it has been rather lazy. As I pointed out to him, I'm having a hard time caring. Here's what I've done today.
  • Woke up with Bear at 6. C actually got up with us for a change which means we had an organized morning.
  • Took Wild Man to school while C got Bear to take a nap.
  • Reread the first chapter of Borderlands while nursing Bear.
  • Took Bear to Waterbabies. (So I know that Mondays isn't the best time for a Waterbabies class, but whatever. I wanted to do it at a time when we could focus all of our attention on Bear. Next week, Wild Man starts a pre-school dance class, and we've already decided that only one of us will take him so he gets some uninterrupted Mommy or Daddy time.)
  • Had lunch.
  • Reread the second chapter of Borderlands while nursing Bear, who then fell asleep, enabling both C and I to work for about an hour.
  • Downloaded a recipe for dinner (which I write about if it turns out like I'm hoping it will).
Not bad. I still have some prep to do for tomorrow, but since I've taught Borderlands before, I'm not too worried. My point is that I want to enjoy my time with Bear since I feel like I've had so little of it devoted completely to him. Oh, and I refuse to feel guilty for it.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

This sounds like a lovely (and pretty organized, compared to my chaotic no-routine days) Monday to me. And there's never ever room for feeling guilty for spending quality time with our babies!