Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Well-educated, but ignorant

According to my sister-in-law, I am well-educated but ignorant. Why do you ask? Because I don't believe that Christians in the U.S. are being persecuted. Because I don't think the current trend toward saying "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas" or the fact that their local fire station wasn't allowed to put up a nativity scene at Christmas constitutes persecution. I'm apparently also ignorant because I don't agree that the U.S. was founded on Christian principles as I don't define greed, intolerance, or violence as Christian principles. I'm also ignorant because I don't view "the truth" as the Bible (or so Pita assumes). Yes, that was the conversation that I had at breakfast. Is it any wonder that I forced Wild Man to go to the bathroom with me at least twice during the course of a 45 minute meal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

headdesk

AcadeMama said...

wow.