Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Home

C, Bear, and I made it home yesterday evening. We had a wonderful trip. The conference was great, we loved the city it was in, and C and I needed the time together. We ate a lot of great food, saw some beautiful sites, and spent a lot of time outside. Bear was a great traveler as well. Additionally, Wild Man had a great time with Yetta and Pita. He was well cared for, although he was really spoiled (as evidenced by the temper tantrum he had this morning when I told him he had to eat breakfast in the dining room not in front of the TV).

I have lots of other things to say about that, especially as I was overcome with anger at the state of my refrigerator and house in general last night (I mean, seriously, when Wild Man misses the toilet b/c he is 3 and doesn't have great aim, is it so hard to clean up the urine?). But I want to process my feelings a bit. If I write now, it will be little more than a rant, and I don't feel like that will be productive at all. I also want to blog about a comment Pita made to C regarding whether we're moving back to the States (she said something to the effect of: "Well, at some point you have to put your family before your career.") But for now, I will simply enjoy being home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok uhh is living outside of the states so terrible that it constitutes suffering for your family? I don't get it.

L said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip, in spite of the tough "re-entry" at home given your MIL. Do you have to go right back to teaching?

M said...

Lilian, I was in the classroom at 11 this morning.

Anastasia, if Pita had made that comment to me, I would have lost it. It kills me that at no point do they think we are doing what is best for our family: the family that C and I have made together. We have talked endlessly about this, and while there would be benefits to being closer to our families and to living in the States, staying in CU Land is what is best for our family now. C responded in thoughtful way and addressed that point without losing his sh*t; I would have lost mine.

AcadeMama said...

It sounds like she's never heard of the difference between nuclear family and childhood family....or that little part in the Bible about how a man leaves his mother and cleaves to his wife. I'm guessing, based on what you've written and said about her, that neither would actually make any difference.

Hope you get some rest time before getting back to the grind :)

M said...

AM, I"m sure Pita could recite that Bible passage verbatim, and I'm also quite sure she'd find some way to reinterpret it to her advantage.