Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dear Students . . .

I understand that my office is directly across the hall from a number of classrooms.  I understand that you will chat to one another in between classes, and I accept that I will have to make my way around you as I go to and from my office.  I do now, however, accept the dirty looks you all insist upon giving me when I want to enter my office and you're leaning on my office door.  Lean on the wall.  That way I won't have to interrupt your very intense conversation about the latest issue of Cosmo.  That is all.

2 comments:

rented life said...

So my first thought was "students read Cosmo still?" Mine seem to prefer talking about Jersey Shore.

The office problem around here is that every time someone posts their office hours, a student takes it, thinking the sheet is a free handout. Yet we're required to keep a sheet on our door.

M said...

One of the young women in question was actually flipping through Cosmo.

And seriously? They take the sign off of your door? How lame is that.