Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Stuff

  • Archer's been home today searching for Bear's birth certificate, which we seem to have misplaced.  He just called to tell me that he found it in the "Life Insurance Policy" folder in our filing cabinet.  Suddenly I knew immediately why it was there.  We needed it and our life insurance policy information when we had our wills made up in May.  Somehow his birth certificate never got put back in the right place.
  • It is snowing.  It isn't sticking, but still, it is snowing.
  • I've finished my antibiotics, and my cough is mostly gone.  I'm still fairly congested and snotty though.  I'm giving it till Monday, and then I'm going back to the doctor.
  • Archer and I are buying each other a new furnace for Christmas.  I know, we're super-romantic.  We found a local business who quoted us a really reasonable price, and we're much happy going with a local business than a big corporation--especially when the quote is about $3,000 under the big corporation.
  • We're thinking of getting the boys a train table like this.  I want one that does more things though.  Bear is still into trains, but Wild Man has moved beyond trains a bit.  He is really into legos, and I think this is a fascination that is here to stay.  I'd like a table that could be used for trains or for legos.  I'm having a hard time finding such a thing.
  • The article I submitted a few weeks ago was rejected.  It was the nicest rejection I've ever gotten, so I'm not sure what I think.  I was told that it is very well written and that it present a very interesting idea; it does not, however, add to the current argument on the subject.  Ok, fine.  I'll take that.  I've spent a few days rereading and editing some minor places.  I've found some very current (2010) sources that will help me develop my argument, and I've already spoken with another editor.  I'm hoping to get it out by next week.  
  • I'm behind in other tasks, including a book review and a grant I need to finish.  I'm trying to get back on track.  I've had some major distractions that I'm not at liberty to discuss yet.
  • My sister is coming to visit us for American Thanksgiving, which will be very, very nice.
  • Archer and I have finally figured out a plan for renovating the basement, and I think we can do most of it ourselves.  We'll need to hire a contract to put in a closet and, eventually, a bathroom, but we can do a lot of it ourselves.
  • I'm going to an elementary school open house tonight.  It is a school for the arts, and I think it might be a good place to send Wild Man at some point.  I don't think they'll have any spots open for next fall, but I want to check it out just in case.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

wow, there's a lot going on in your life and now, obviously, you made me very curious about these major distractions that cannot be disclosed. ;)

I can't wait to hear more about your renovation plans! These things are so exciting! (to me, at least)

I hope you can feel completely recovered soon.