Thursday, October 04, 2012

I did it!

I hired a cleaner, and she came Tuesday afternoon.  I have to say it was more than a bit odd to be in my house while someone else cleaned it.  Archer had to be on campus, so I didn't have the car.  I wasn't up for dragging George and his stroller on the bus, so we were home.  That said, she was a lovely woman, and she cleaned my entire house.  I still feel a bit guilty, but I am loving having a clean house--like she scrubbed the door to my shower.  I honestly haven't done that in over 6 months.  The water beaded up on the door when I took a shower this morning.  It was lovely.  Once Bear and George are in daycare at the same time, I'm not sure we'll still be able to afford it, but for now, I am going to enjoy it.

2 comments:

AcadeMama said...

Good for you!! Well deserved and there's plenty of other things that you can feel guilty about...this should NOT be one :)

rented life said...

yay! I'm seconding the not feeling guilty. Again, as long as you don't demand something weird or unreasonable then you're fine! :) And you're paying her to do things like clean the shower door. When it's our place we live without cleaning certain things because there's a million things to take up our time. But she's there just to clean, so she has the time. Plus once the hard scrubbing is done once, the up-keep will be easy. (I love Mr. Clean bathroom erasers.)