Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm not good . . .

at asking for help.  I've decided just to throw that out there.  I've been struggling the past few days, for a variety of reasons.  I'm not sleeping well (even though George is); I'm getting over a cold; I'm stressed out about work and extended family issues.  On top of that, Archer was out of town all weekend.  My niece, Brown-Eyed Girl, came to help me, but still, I was doing most things on my own.  I'm currently weepy and edgy and have been for a few days now.  Archer's immediate response is to ask if I have PPD, and while I do appreciate that he is aware of that possibility, I do think I'm entitled to a few bad days.  I managed a longish nap today (about 1 1/2 hours), so I'm not as edgy.  But still, I'm not feeling like myself. 

There is something about November for me.  I seem to go through something like this every November, which I'm only realizing as I type this.  November in CU Land is horrible--grey, dark, cold.  With the time change, it is getting dark around 4:45, which is just terrible.  We've not had much sun for weeks, and George and I have been cooped up in the house most days.  I think I need to be more proactive and find things that will get the two of us out of the house a bit more, and I definitely need to get out of the house on the days that Bear is home with us.  I don't think this post is particularly coherent, but oh well.  I'm not feeling particularly coherent today.

4 comments:

rented life said...

:( I can relate. I don't know if you can take Vitamin D right now, but it does help with a little of that--takes the edge off. You don't notice it right away but then you notice it when you stop. We had sun last Wednesday and I couldn't have been happier, after so much grey.

And yes, you're entitled to a few bad days.

p-duck said...

I just hid in the garage away from my children, so I'm afraid I can't offer any sound advice : (

Good luck!

M said...

Thanks, RL. I'll get some Vitamin D. I have to give all three boys Vitamin D drops in the winter, so it makes sense that I should take them too.

P-duck, I often go to the basement to do "laundry," so I totally understand.

AcadeMama said...

Have you considered the possibility of seasonal depression? I've been struggling with depression recently and had a period of a few weeks that were particularly bad. My doctor added a new medication that helped tremendously, but the development of my own symptoms with the onset of the fall season was something that didn't dawn on me for quite a while.

Just something to consider....I do hope you're feeling better soon!