Friday, April 06, 2007

New tooth, sitting up, and chunky thighs

It has been an exciting week for S--he is sitting up on his own, he got a new tooth, and his chunky, chunky thighs make it impossible for me to put pants on him. We went to a state park today to admire the wildflowers, and I wanted to dress him in his very cute blue jeans. The blue jeans went on easily, but when I sat him down on the floor to play while I finished getting ready, he toppled over. His jeans were too tight on his chunky thighs for him to bend his legs properly so he couldn't sit up. I laughed so hard I cried, and then I changed my chunky baby's clothes.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

Wow, so many milestones. The blue jeans story *is* funny! I love it when they start sitting since things get so much easier then, don't they? It's a kind of "lull," a relatively "peaceful" period where they can entertain themselves with some toys while seated on their own.. right until they start crawling and then we have to worry about everything on their path...

I have to watch some of the videos of my babies!! I was looking at photos last night. I miss their babyhood so much! So enjoy every moment and milestone, particularly the chunky thighs, since they tend to melt a bit after the crawling and walking begin :(