Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Another phone call from school

In the middle of teaching this morning, my cell phone went off, and I looked at the number. It was Wild Man's school. I told my students that I had to take the call, and I walked out of the room, dreading the news I was about to receive. It was Wild Man's teacher telling me that one of Wild Man's classmates had bitten him on the cheek. Wild Man is fine, aside from a mouth shaped bruise on his cheek, but she wanted to let me know so I didn't get upset when I picked him up. My students got a good laugh out of that one.

2 comments:

AcadeMama said...

Just let us know which heathen it was, and E will take care of things! :)

[Thinking in the back of my head, thank god it wasn't E]

Lilian said...

Oh boy!! I'm sorry and amused at the same time. I would have laughed too if I was (were?) your student!