Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Random question

I'm taking this post down because this information is mysteriously making its way around my department. In fact, someone I never talk to just stopped me in the hall to congratulate me on the number of interviews C has. That makes me really uncomfortable for a few reasons. First and foremost, yes, C has a lot of interviews, but regardless of how many interviews he has, he is not guaranteed a job. I don't want him to be uncomfortable with the people in my department, especially faculty members, should he not get a job. Second, I don't want to make other people, especially graduate students, feel uncomfortable in comparison.

7 comments:

supadiscomama said...

I think U Penn is Ivy--not Penn State. But who cares? 13 interviews is awesome, and Penn State would be a sweet job :)

AcadeMama said...

supadiscomama is right. Penn is Ivy...Penn State is still good; a big party school based on what I hear from Philly husband. Tell C to rock on with his bad self!

Kate said...

The above commenters already answered your question, and I wanted to add: woo hoo! That's a great school to get an interview!!! Congrats to C!

Anonymous said...

13!!! Amazing--congratulations C!

Lilian said...

YAY!! And if by any chance you move here to PA you come visit Philly, we could meet! (I know you came for the MLA, I was there too :( )

M said...

If we move to PA, Lillian, I will definitely make the time to meet you and your delightful boys!

Lilian said...

I'm glad you'd like to meet us! If you're ever in the region again, please let me know!