Monday, October 19, 2009

No, no, no. . .

I do not want the pediatrician to tell me that Bear can begin eating solid food whenever he shows interest. I am not ready for my baby to be 4 months old. I am not, I am not, I am not.

And yes, I am having a bit of an emotional temper tantrum. I had a really big one on Friday and told C how much I dislike him right now since he is the one who gets to stay home with Bear. I also told him if we end up staying in Canada and if I get a tenure-track job at CU we may well have a third child so I take a year off and stay home with one child. I told you I was having a temper tantrum.

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Oh dear... you're allowed a temper tantrum and, if my opinion counts for anything (which it doesn't) to have a third child, because that's what I wanted but WON'T get because I've already spent ALL my time (and I'm still spending) on the two boys I had. It's time to start thinking of working (funny that I only want to go back to work after K gets a TT job when we need the money NOW!). (long, complicated story on why I'm home with the boys).

Anyway... I'm sorry you've been felling so "tantrumy" lately!

M said...

Thanks, Lilian. I've kept up with your blog and understand why you're home with the boys. I'm working for monetary reasons right now, and I would love to be able to take advantage of the Canadian family leave system to be home with Bear. But he is home with one of us, and I get more time with him than lots of mothers get with their infants.