Saturday, October 31, 2009

5 nights down . . .

5 nights to go until C returns. I'm exhausted for a variety of reasons. I want to write more, but all mental energy is focused on childcare, job applications, and grading.

Today I have to get out 5 more applications, after getting out 8 earlier this week. Somehow I'll also manage to get Wild Man to a birthday party and take both Wild Man and Bear trick or treating. I will also try not to strangle my mother. I will remember she is doing her best and that it has been over 30 years since she took care of little ones.

Oh, and somehow I will maintain my already tenuous hold on my sanity.

3 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Hang in there.

Having spent 10 nights solo with bambina this month, all while still working, meeting deadlines, getting myself to that 8 am class on time, and taking the two of us on a necessary 6 hour (each way) road trip, I'm acutely aware of how challenging it all can be.

And we had parents here to "help" at home in the middle of the two separations. It's amazing how muc they forget, isn't it?

Lilian said...

O dear... I hear you. Back in 2006 I spend many days without K and with a 2 and a 4 year old... now, I was never teaching or sending any job applications. More power to you! I hope these next days go by very very quickly...

M said...

Thanks for the words of support, ladies.

And profgrrl, it is indeed amazing how much my mom has forgotten, and I don't mean since I was a child either--after all I am in my 30s. She practically raised my sister's kids for a period of 3 or 4 years when they were Wild Man's age, but she remembers very little from that time.

It is almost as exhausting telling her what to do as doing it myself.