Friday, November 06, 2009

C is home!

C got home on Wednesday night. Both boys were asleep by the time he made it home. Bear, however, woke up around 5 to play, and when he saw his father, his entire face lit up. He played for an hour or so, and when he got fussy, which usually indicates he is ready to nurse and go back to sleep, he refused to nurse. He kept coming off the breast and looking at C. C finally took him and rocked him back to sleep. Yesterday was my long teaching day, and apparently Bear was only happy when C was holding him.

When Wild Man woke up, C walked into his room, and I heard Wild Man shout, "Hooray! Daddy is home!" Both boys have staid very close to their dad in the past 24-hours, despite the presence of both Yetta and Pita (I'll write more on that later). In fact, right now all my men are snuggling on the couch together. Seeing them together is wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M, you made it. I am glad C had a nice homecoming. When Luke was about six months old, Gabe was sent on a trip to China for about 2-3 weeks. When he came home, Luke didn't seem to know who he was. It was short-lived, but so sad.

Lilian said...

I'm glad he's back home and that the boys are so happy about it -- I'm sure you're even happier!