Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A Note to Yetta

Dear Yetta,

I am sorry to inform you that the world does not revolve around you. In fact, it revolves around a large celestial body known as the sun, which is responsible for heating and lighting the entire globe. I realize this is hard to believe, but it is so.

Sincerely,
M.

P.S. I'd also like to tell you that when you give someone a monetary gift you typically don't get to tell that person how to spend said gift. This is why I prefer not to receive monetary gifts.

8 comments:

AcadeMama said...

OMG how I'd like to write this on my own blog!

M said...

There are some advantages to having a MIL who has no idea how to access the internet.

Lilian said...

Hmmm, just being nosy here, what did she want you/your family to buy?

How annoying!

and I love the post.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me she wanted you to buy plane tickets to visit her for Christmas?

M said...

Thanks for that, Jennie! I needed a reminder that she could be more intrusive than she is! No, she wants us to buy a recliner so she has somewhere to sit when she comes to visit. Apparently our couch is too difficult for her to get out of and that is why when she is here she doesn't do anything but sit in it . . .

Lilian said...

She's given you money with the plan that you buy a recliner for her to sit on? NO, that's unbelievable!

M said...

If you knew her Lilian, you really wouldn't be surprised.

rented life said...

My father just did that to me over Thanksgiving. I protested the terms of use, tried giving the money back, and was still ordered around. Thanks for writing something I can't.