Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Being Judged

I'd never heard of the blog "Too Big for Strollers" until I read this article.  But I complete agree with the author about being judged as a parent.  I have lots more to say about this (including recognizing that I'm guilty of judging other parents), but for now, I will just say that it seems like parental judging has become so pervasive that it is almost impossible to have a conversation with anyone about my children without feeling like I'm being judged.  And that isn't a nice feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The person who owns that blog is a good illustration of a principle I teach my students. It's a lot easier and takes less energy to simply admit you were wrong, being a jerk, whatever than it does to try to justify yourself when someone points out your bad behavior. she's trying to turn it around, call the response hypocrisy, and otherwise make it okay to mock pictures of other people's children and judge the parenting practices of strangers. Would be easier to simply fess up and admit you're being an asshole.