Friday, July 22, 2011

The house


 I'm finally able to post some pictures of "The House."


The kitchen: it is huge, but it doesn't have a dishwasher.  It also needs to be updated a bit, especially the terra cotta paint--almost the exact color we painted over in the living room of our town house.  Seriously, I am starting to feel like we can't get away from this color.
 This is the formal living room.  I'm not 100% sure what we'll use it for, but I think it will be a grown up space.  It will not, however, be a "formal" anything.  Note: that is one of three gas fireplaces in the house.
 Picture window in formal living room: the Celtic stained glass accents will be removed by the sellers.
 Formal dining room, which is off of the formal living room: I think we'll end up using this as a dining room, but since we don't have a dining room table yet, I'm not sure what it will be right now.
 This is currently the den, I guess, and I think this will become our home office.  But I'm not sure.  It has a great deck that access the beautiful backyard.  If we want to entertain on the deck, I'm not sure I want people traipsing through the office to get to the deck, especially as Archer isn't the neatest office mate . . .
Formal dining room from the den: again, the Celtic inspired chandelier will go with the sellers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely! I think the formal living is really nice. I'm looking forward to having a grown-up space in our house.

L said...

I really like it too!! I'm sure that when you paint it and put your furniture in, it'll look lovely! I hope you can find a compromise with the office/ deck situation. Maybe you can find a way to have a desk that can have a top that closes off or something to hide the mess.

Thank you so much for sharing! And I feel bad that we bought a new house and I only posted photos of the outside. I should share some of mine too, right?

rented life said...

ooo, gas fireplaces will be nice. Great house! Maybe for the office thing you can get one of those tri-fold screens and use it to block off the view but still be pretty? Neither of us are neat office mates, so this is what I would do!!