Monday, July 25, 2011

More on "The House"

 Here are some pictures of our backyard.  Realistically, this is what we paid for.  The lot is quite large, and in this part of town, a lot as large as ours is fairly unusual.  This is a shot of the whole back yard from the deck.  The building to the left is the detached garage.
 The rose garden with bird bath
 Bench in front of the perennial garden.  I'm not sure what the pole is, but I suspect it is for a pop-up clothesline which the sellers took down for showing the house.
Another shot of the rose garden, along with some bird feeders

2 comments:

rented life said...

Very jealous. It's unlikely we will be able to afford a home here, short of some miracle, and I sorely miss my back yard and garden. Very lovely!!

Lilian said...

oh, it's a lovely garden! I think that pole is too tall for a clothesline, unless it were to be a clothesline connected to the house or garage. "umbrella" clotheslines are pretty short and small.

I love the abundance of daisies in your garden and you have some hydrangeas and other lovely perennials too. Delightful! And it's even MORE delightful to me not to have to be jealous at all, since I also have a lovely garden -- thanks to the previous owners of this place. I can imagine your boys running around that backyard, I think they'll like it!