Thursday, July 21, 2011

Working

That's what I've been trying to do since we arrived back in CU Land.  The weather is unusually warm, so I've been working in my office on campus, which is air conditioned, unlike our townhouse (but our new house does have Central AC!).  I'm working on expanding the paper I presented in May, as I received lots of good feedback about my argument.  I've been wading through lots of historical sources and trying to historicize the events I'm talking about.  I'm not a historian, so finding what I need has been harder than I anticipated.  I've spent the better part of the past two days digging for sources on marriage laws during slavery in the U.S.  After three trips to the library, I think I now have the sources I need.  So I will now go back to work.

No comments: