Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clothes: A Mini Rant

I have a closet full of clothes, most of them I like, some of them I really like, some of them I keep because they are functional.  I like my summer wardrobe a lot better than my winter wardrobe, but I do enjoy my sweaters.  Today was one of those mornings that nothing that I put on looked right.  I even picked out what I was going to wear last night.  But I put it on, and I wanted to scream.  I then proceeded to change my clothes 4 times in 15 minutes because nothing looked or felt right.  I finally settled on a dress I love but that I normally wear in the fall not the winter.  Why?  Well it has short sleeves and I have yet to find a sweater or a jacket that looks nice with it.  So I'm wearing a dress I love with a cardigan that doesn't really go with it, and as a bonus, my tights seem to have shrunk.  I'm not particularly happy with the way I look, nor am I very comfortable.  I think it is going to be a long day.

Oh, and I just realized I forgot to put on my watch.

3 comments:

rented life said...

Boy have I been there. There's just some days where outfits, even ones I noramlly like, just annoy me. Husband will come home and see a pile of clothes on the bed and wisely not comment...or if he's home while I'm going through the clothing crisis, he's also smart enough to not comment, but compliment the final outfit.

Now that we've moved, I have the problem of all my winter clothes being too warm here, but my other clothes aren't warm enough.

M said...

Archer and I have been married long enough that he knows not to say anything. This morning he simply took the boys downstairs, got their boots and coats on, and let me figure it out.

rented life said...

We have two smart men :)