Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jealous

Yesterday Archer spoke with Yetta.  She and Pita were keeping R's boys so R could catch on some work and J (R's soon-to-be ex-wife) could go to the gym.  Archer and I both had work to do, but as mine was more pressing, Archer took the boys to Home Depot and the bookstore for a few hours so I could get some work done.  When they got home, I kept the boys busy with an art project so Archer could read for a bit.  Dropping the boys off at someone's house for a few hours just so we can have some time to ourselves is not an option.  When I heard that R had done this for the umpteenth weekend in a row, I was jealous.  Not that I want to live in the same town as my in-laws, mind you, but sometimes I would like to hang out with my husband on the weekend while not having to manage the chaos of watching two very active boys at the same time.

No comments: