Sunday, April 06, 2008

I don't want to go

On Friday I leave to go to a conference, and on one level, I'm really excited about this conference. I am presenting a chapter from my dissertation, and I'm looking forward to possible feedback. This is a panel that I proposed and organized, so I'm really looking forward to talking to these people. I also get to see a very dear friend of mine, whom I haven't seen since last July.

That said, I don't want to go. I really just want to stay home with my family. C has 2 interviews left, but this is his week off, so to speak. He will actually be home for 12 days. If I weren't going away this coming weekend, we could have a "normal" week for the first time in 5 weeks. It would be so nice just to stay home with my boys and be together as a family. Of course, getting to sleep in and order room service sounds like fun too . . .

3 comments:

AcadeMama said...

Sleep is good....and room service is always one of my favorite parts of conference travel. I use it as an excuse not to attend lots of other panels, and instead stay in the hotel room and get extra work done. The break might be just what you need--enjoy :)

Lilian said...

Well, I hope you have a good time in spite of the fact that you don't feel like going. That's what happened to me last year (of course my sons are much older and that probably does make a difference). I'll be going to a grad student conference at my university in May and I'm really excited about that!

flossie said...

Room service--hell yeah!

I also like that my hotel room is cleaned every day for me, and that I get to watch TV in bed. At the last conference I watched "The Sound of Music" one night.

Good luck with your paper. BTW I tagged you for a meme: see my blog steppingonacorns.typepad.com for the info.