Thursday, February 25, 2010

Um, Seriously?

Ok, this is getting a bit extreme. Since we've been back in CU Land, Yetta has called C several times. The first time I answered the phone even though as soon as I saw her number on the caller id I considered not answering. She asked some fairly random questions, and the conversation lasted about 2 minutes. I knew she wanted to talk to C, but C was sitting in the car with Bear who had fallen asleep in his car seat (once he falls asleep in his car seat, he could sleep for 2 hours, but there is no chance of transferring from his car seat to his crib without him waking up. To keep him asleep one of us will work in the car while the other hangs out with Wild Man or works in the house), so I didn't ask her if she wanted to talk to him. Oh, and I also knew C didn't want to talk to her. Since then she's called his office several times, and each time he's either been out or had students and hasn't been able to answer. I'm sort of curious why she keeps calling his office, which she never does. We know it isn't an emergency because if it were se'd also call his cell phone and the home phone. I think she's calling his office because she thinks she'll be able to talk to him without me around or because she's afraid I won't tell him she's called. I have to admit I'm sort of amused by C's unwillingness to talk to his mom right now. I know it won't last, but for now, I'll take some enjoyment out of it.

2 comments:

Lilian said...

I hope this "impasse" situation clears out soon too. I think I'd be amused too, if I were you. Sigh.

M said...

Lilian, the impasse has cleared, sort of. C and his mom are speaking again. It hasn't, however, cleared for me. C and I had a long talk about it this weekend, and I told him quite honestly that I'm done. I'll be cordial and pleasant to his mother, but I'm not opening myself up to her again. I will do my absolute best to ignore her passive-aggressive comments and to not respond in any way whatsoever. I will happily encourage a relationship between her and my boys, but the minute she says something that hurts them I will remove them from the situation. I'm just so tired of it all. I can't do it anymore.