Saturday, January 29, 2011

It gets better. . .

Yesterday I posted about Pita's passive-aggressive behavior on Facebook.  Well it gets better.

Yesterday afternoon she posted the following on her wall: "LORD grant me strength to accept what and who I cannot change - it amazes me that the people you love most in this world can be so clueless - and more amazingly still always self-absorbed." This is clearly meant for Archer (I'd say it was also meant for me, but I don't qualify as one of the people she loves most in the world.)  He ignored it because, really, what else was he supposed to do?  Archer is the kind of guy that will walk out of restaurant rather than be seen having an argument in public.  He has a clear sense of public and private.  He was not pleased with the comment, but given that she didn't specifically put his name in the post, he could over look it.  

Last night, Pita may have taken it too far.  She posted "Clueless" on Archer's wall.  Archer saw the post when he was up with Bear, who is cutting molars, at 4.  As she posted on his wall, he responded with "Apparently."  When I woke up a little while ago to hang with Bear so Archer could go back to sleep, he showed me the post.  And I felt compelled to respond with "What a great movie!"  Hey, I figure if she's going to be the pain in the ass that she is, I'm at least going to have a little fun.  In fact, I'm tempted to start posting titles of Alicia Silverstone movies on her wall, but I am fairly certain she wouldn't get it.



In all seriousness, she is beginning to piss me off.  It takes a lot to upset Archer--a lot.  Primarily because he is accustomed to his family's penchant for drama.  More often than not, he refuses to engage with them when they are like this.  But Pita is making it increasingly difficult not to engage.  I have no idea what is going to happen, but something tells me it will involve a very loud phone call and that I will have to figure out how to explain to Wild Man why his father is yelling at his favorite aunt.

5 comments:

rented life said...

Pita and my FB friend share some similarities. It's hard not to engage. Maybe you can plan an outing when Archer calls Pita? Or will she be more likely to call him?

M said...

RL, he's decided not to engage at all. If she calls and brings it up, he'll talk about it. In the meantime, he deleted the comment from his wall, and he's seriously considering deleting her as a friend.

L said...

wow... I was going to suggest the same thing RL did, but I'm glad he's decided not to engage. If she does call, well... hopefully you can find a way to distract Wild Man.

The whole Alicia Silverstone movie list idea is HILARIOUS, though! Too bad she wouldn't get it (and, worse yet, it could make her really mad, right?) P.S. K really likes Alicia Silverstone, he thinks she's pretty. Too bad she's made some stupid films, Clueless is great, though (of course! Jane Austen! ;).

Anonymous said...

Clueless is a great movie. I have nothing else nice to say and so I think I shouldn't say anything.

AcadeMama said...

I'm sorry. Family drama sucks :(