Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Waiting Game

I am back in CU Land after a quick trip to MLA for two interviews.  I think both went well, and I think one went particularly well.  As I told Archer, I feel as though I answered all questions to the best of my ability, that I engaged with the interviewers, and that I demonstrated my knowledge of their individual programs.  I think I did the best I could do in both situations, and now I wait.  I've given it my all, and now, it is out of my hands.  I have already sent follow-up emails, along with copies of my course syllabi.  Both interviewers indicated that they hope to work quickly (one person specifically said their school had been burned in the past by waiting too long to make offers), so I hope to know something by the end of next week or the first of the following week.  It would be lovely to get an on-campus interview, especially as I think that would make some impact on negotiations at CU.  But it would also be really good for my ego.

In the meantime, I wait.

3 comments:

L said...

I'm glad the interviews went well! I hope the results are really positive for you and your self esteem! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, M, I am so happy things went well for you! You'll have to email me sometime and let me know what schools your interviews were for. Good luck! Waiting is the worst part, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, M, I am so happy things went well for you! You'll have to email me sometime and let me know what schools your interviews were for. Good luck! Waiting is the worst part, isn't it?