Wednesday, January 05, 2011

MLA bound

Tomorrow I leave for MLA.  I have two interviews, both of which I've spoken about with the heads of the departments in which I teach at CU.  Both of these lovely people have told me to email them the minute I know anything, as they are working together to secure a permanent position for me at CU.  That would be wonderful, but I go to these interviews feeling a bit dishonest.  I will not focus on that, however.  I have lots of information to read on the flights tomorrow to prep for the interviews, and I will get to see lots of friends at the conference.  This, and actually having interviews, makes me very, very happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not dishonest. It's just business. Good luck to you!

M said...

That is what I keep telling myself. I've also been up front with the people I work with/for, so that makes me feel a bit less dishonest.

Thanks for the good wishes.