Tuesday, September 02, 2008

As long as we're on the topic. . .

Sarah Palin is also not a bad mother because her daughter is 17 & pregnant. As Supadiscomama points out at The Rhetorical Situation, it makes her a mother with a daughter who had unprotected sex. I'd venture to guess that most of the idiots making comments like this were also teens having unprotected sex. Bristol Palin and her boyfriend made a mistake that does not need to be addressed in front of the entire country. Leave the kid alone and focus on the issues. If anything make it about the inadequacies of abstinence education.

2 comments:

thursdaynext.21 said...

Let me just say that I just saw the article on Palin's daughter, and on one hand, I chuckle because McCain's strategist is either a genius and I can't tell what s/he is planning yet, or B: he didn't double check the roster. I agree there's nothing scandalous with a sexually active teenager. I'm bothered for the child. They will be born and grow up under such media coverage (with spin) that he/she will be able to look at the articles in the future, and see how their conception and birth was politicized.

M said...

Well put, Thursday! But apparently we don't care about the child. . .