Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Vocabulary Explosion

Since our arrival in CU Land, Wild Man's vocabulary has exploded. He gains several new phrases a day, and it is quite easy to have a conversation with him. As many of my Southwest College Town readers have been asking for updates, I want to share a conversation that he and I had this weekend during our visit with Solon and Megs. During an afternoon out, C and Solon stopped in a store to shop while Megs and I amused Sweet Toddler J, Lion Cub, and Wild Man on the sidewalk. As we chatted, a police car zoomed by, and Wild Man reached for my hand and pulled me down to his stroller, and here is the conversation that ensued.
  • Mommy, look!
  • I'm looking. What do you see?
  • I see a horse.
  • You do?
  • And I see a cow, and I see sheeps. Lots of sheeps.
  • Really, sheeps on the street? What else do you see?
  • I see octopus.
  • An octopus?
  • Yes, right there. I see octopus.
  • What does an octopus say?
  • Um, (long pause) I don't know, Mommy. (very loudly) Octopus, what do you say?
So not only is my kid able to carry on a conversation now, he also has quite an imagination!

1 comment:

L said...

That's so cool! I love this imagination of his!