Thursday, November 20, 2008

More snow and more writing

That is the gist of my life right now. We're predicted to get intermittent snow squalls for the next three days. For those of you unfamiliar with snow squalls, they are rather like pop-up thunder showers. They can drop several centimeters of snow in an hour, and then they disperse as quickly as they formed. We're also supposed to get real snow overnight, anywhere between 15 and 50 centimeters--or 5 and 20 inches! Wild Man, at least, loves the snow. Every morning as we make our trek from the front door to the garage, which is all of 8 feet, Wild Man manages to high tail it to the nearest pile of snow. He then throws himself into it, sits up, and cackles!

I'm not such a fan of the snow, I have to admit. It is very pretty when it first falls, but it quickly becomes a nuisance! At least it makes for good writing weather, which is what I've been doing all day, every day--when I'm not grading or prepping to teach.

In other news, the chair of my department, Dr. Feminist, is speaking to the powers that be about a term appointment for me, so I may have a one or two-year position as an assistant prof starting next year, which could turn into a tenure-track position.

4 comments:

p-duck said...

Great News! Enjoy the writing weather!

L said...

OH, that's good news indeed!! Yeah, snow is annoying. I should know... I lived in Massachusetts for 8 years. Good things it snows less here in Southeastern PA.

supadiscomama said...

Excellent news on the job front! I'm envious of what sounds like steady progress on your diss. I'm fantasizing about leaving mine behind forever...if only I could!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great news! And I never realized squalls had such precise meanings. Here I always thought it was just a storm.