Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A sudden realization

At some point late last night, in the hazy joy that permeated our home, C and I watched Brian Williams interview Luke Russert, Tim Russert's son. The younger Russert has been reporting on the youth vote for NBC for several weeks now, and as C and I listened intently, I said "This is so awesome--people our age got motivated, got invovled, and made a difference." C looked over at me and said, "Um, M, I hate to tell you, but we're not part of the youth vote any more. We're now in the next category." Oh, yeah, that's right. I'm not in the 18-29 category any more. . . when did that happen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

despite not being in that category (and ummm...yeah, when did that happen??), I was so pleased when I asked my class yesterday if they were voting. Four years ago, I asked my class the same question and I got a murmur of ehhh no, it'll take to long and what's the point. Yesterday, I asked the question and the room erupted into chattering, I already voted, I'm voting today, etc. And one voice over the others, Even though he won't win this state, he needs our votes so he can take the lead in the popular vote, just in case.

I was really proud of them for a minute, there.