Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An update

The first two days of the semester are over, and they've gone fairly well. Here's the run down.
  • Bear is slowly getting back to himself. Last night was rough though. He was up a lot. He seems to be cutting every single tooth on top of having strep throat. I think C and I each managed about 5 hours of sleep each.
  • Somehow I still managed to lecture on Puritans and Mary Wollstonecraft--in two separate classes.
  • Wild Man pushed one of his classmates down today, and the little boy cut his head. Last week Wild Man got kicked in the face. I'm getting a little frustrated by the explanation, "The boys in Wild Man's class (Wild Man included) are very energetic and rowdy." Needless to say, C and I have an appointment with the director of the school to see if we can get a better understanding of what is going on. C doesn't think the teachers are firm enough, and I tend to agree. I'm more than a bit bothered by the fact that Wild Man intentionally hurt another child though. C made him tell me, and Wild Man was in tears before he told me. Oddly enough, he was more upset knowing I would be disappointed in his behavior.
  • Tomorrow I get to teach Virginia Woolf and slave narratives. Here's hoping the rest of the week goes smoothly.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

I hope things fall into place pretty quickly (routine wise) for your summer teaching.

I'm sorry about Wild Man's incidents in school. I hope things improve in that front too.