Monday, May 10, 2010

A great start

Summer school starts at CU today, so C is, once again, the primary caregiver again. Because of my schedule (I teach from 4:30 till 6:30) he will pick the boys up from school, give them dinner, and get them ready for bed on his own. I'll get home just in time to help put them to bed. This will be the norm for 6 weeks. I'm not feeling great about this schedule as I also teach a class from 11 to 1. I feel like I won't see my family during the week for 6 weeks. It makes me feel so blech that I had a good cry about it on Saturday night, which was supposed to be our date night. It was really romantic, let me tell you.

I am feeling very conflicted about my career and motherhood lately, and given my most recent post about my jealousy over C's recent career success, I'm feeling more than a bit like a hypocrite. I'm sure I'll be blogging about this in the next few weeks, when I have time that is.

For now, I'm trying to finish prepping for the first day of class and waiting to hear from C about Bear's doctor's appointment. Bear's been running a fever since Saturday night and is so crabby that I'm beginning to think someone kidnapped my laid back baby and replaced him with an evil clone.

*I just got a call from C. The doctor thinks Bear has strep throat, so C's off to the drugstore to get a script for antibiotics filled. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

1 comment:

rented life said...

I understand your conflict. Friday I went to a little gathering where husband was awarded a small scholarship and recognized for all his work. The day before that I had gotten a major rejection letter. I'm so proud of him b/c I know how far he's come, but I'm so angry too. I kept saying that it's hard to see someone get what you want, and have to LIVE with that person. When it's someone else, you can go home and forget it. When it's your spouse, it's always there. Yeah, Crying made our Friday night sexy too haha.

Hope Bear feels better soon.