Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel

C gets home tomorrow, and his trip, thus far, has been successful. He and his advisor have gone through each chapter, even eliminating one (although its contents have been put elsewhere). He gives a talk tonight for his department, which is supposed to serve as a practice job talk and preparation for his defense next month. So, in the end, all the hassle I wrote about yesterday seems to have been worth it. He will graduate as planned, and we can now begin planning our trip up north to attend his graduation and visit some good friends. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

Good for him!! I wish I could see that light too. Being away from campus is not fun and not productive AT ALL. I've really given up participating of the commencement. Since I'm not there, I have to wait for as long as it takes for their feedback... :(