Friday, May 16, 2008

Don't want to work

Despite the fact that I submitted part of my Phelps chapter to my advisor yesterday and that she has already read and commented on the first 10 pages, I really just don't want to work today. My advisor pointed out an organizational problem that not only helps this chapter but will also help the rest of my dissertation. One would think I'd be excited and ready to get to work. I'm not. I'd rather be doing any number of things. Instead I'm reading and taking notes on Catharine Beecher's A Treatise on Domestic Economy. My life is so exciting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Progress is exciting! I, on the other hand, spent a good chunk of this afternoon writing a blog post that started out as nothing and morphed into a personal exploration of whether or not I should be in grad school. I'm in a funk.

Lilian said...

Ha, gotta go read Jennie's post now!!

I hope you soon find the desire to work on the chapter and implement your advisor's feedback. And YAY for good feedback!

flossie said...

Oh, I hear ya, M. I don't want to work in the library when it's SPRING outside!