Monday, May 12, 2008

From 37 pages to 46 pages in the blink of an eye

At my friend Lilian's advice, I decided to figure out what Southwest College's rules on formatting the dissertation are sooner rather than later. I figured if I set my margins now that is one less thing I have to do later. Suddenly my Wharton chapter, which has been stalled at 37 pages for months (as you recall I left Wharton behind to work on Phelps), is now 46 pages, and my Phelps chapter, which was only 19 pages, is now 25. All of a sudden, I feel like I've made some serious progress today. Thanks for the tip, Lilian!

6 comments:

Lilian said...

Oh, my friend, you're very welcome!!! In my case, my already way too LONG dissertation became even longer :-).

Formatting is a pain, so you should make all the effort to get it done early, that's for sure!

Lilian said...

I forgot to say that this post made me LOL! :-D

Anonymous said...

If only it were that easy for me to make progress...I, fortunately or unfortunately, started with the university template.

Oxymoron said...

You'll reach 57 pages with a larger font and triple spacing. My first chapter is now 125 pages. One more paragraph and I'm done with the dissertation.

M said...

You make it sound as if I'm behaving like one of your freshman, Oxymoron!

Oxymoron said...

:-) I didn't mean it that way, M.