Sunday, June 12, 2011

A little sad

That is how I feel about yesterday's events.  I do think we did the right thing, and that was reinforced today when Archer found a cheque for $350 from the Canadian Revenue Service that he thought he'd lost (I may not be that religious, but I do believe in karma).  I'm sad because this was our first house.  Yes, we'd lived in other houses--five since we've been married, as a matter of fact.  This house, however, was the first home we bought.  It was ours.  We made a lot of improvements.  We actually painted the walls colors we chose.  This home gave me a lot of comfort when we first moved to CU Land and I was so very lonely.  In fact, I made my closest friend in CU Land because we bought our house, and now we'll be moving away from our dear, dear neighbors who have become such good friends.  I could was sentimental for a while, and if you've been reading for a while, you know that I am more than capable of that.  I will miss many things about this house, and I hope that there is a house out there in CU Land that will become our home.

3 comments:

Lilian said...

[hugs]
I'm sorry you have to move away from your dear neighbors, but I hope you can find a delightful new house that you can paint, decorate and be happy in. Change is hard, but hopefully it'll be for the best!

rented life said...

Funny, we'll acutally be glad to be rid of our neighbors. (Well, some of them.) You'll find a lovely home that you can fill with even more decorating ideas!

solon said...

Karma? Really?