Friday, August 19, 2011

Keeping Tabs

Following Wednesday's post, I've also decided to keep tabs on myself in an attempt to keep myself motivated.  My friend Anastasia often blogs about her writing progress, and she truly seems to get stuff done, even with three children underfoot, as she herself often puts it.  So here is my tally for this week.

Monday: read/took notes on three articles
Tuesday: New Faculty Orientation, day was a wash
Wednesday: wrote 2 1/2 pages, met with my writing group
Thursday: took the day off from work to pack b/c, you know, we're moving next week
Friday: yet to be determined, but I'm hoping to write 2 1/2 more pages and finish a syllabus

I'll update this later today to see if I managed to accomplish my goal.

*By 3:00 I have written a 1 1/2 pages and finished a syllabus.   I have also, unfortunately, spent an inordinate amount of time on hold trying to get some questions answered in anticipation of next week's closing.

2 comments:

rented life said...

Maybe I should do that. Being accountable to myself doesn't seem to be enough, but maybe if I put my list out there...

M said...

We could be accountable to each other. If you don't accomplish your goals, I'll post nasty comments on your blog, and you can do the same to me!