Monday, August 22, 2011

Would it be so hard . . .

to respond kindly to someone rather than being an a**hat, to borrow a phrase from Anastasia

My sister tends to post requests for good thoughts on her Facebook page--yes, that damned Facebook.  I do not respond to such posts very often, although I do email her to check on her.  I would like to think that I'm not a heartless person; rather, I prefer to offer my support privately.  Last night, she posted such a request, something about gearing up for a really stressful week.  Several of her friends posted, and in a fit of I don't know what, I also posted.  I wrote "Remember to breathe."  I wrote this particular phrase because it is something that actually helps me when I'm really stressed out.  I find that I'm often not breathing properly, so if I remember to breathe, I actually feel calmer.  Instead of writing "thanks," as she did to every other person who responded, she wrote "It's really hard to breathe when you're shaking uncontrollably, M.  Thanks for the really helpful advice."  When I read that, I had to remember to breathe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ASSHATS AHOY.

Lilian said...

yikes...
I'm sorry my friend.