Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Play dates and naptime success

This morning Wild Man and I had our first Canadian play date. One of our new neighbors has a little girl, and they graciously invited us over to play this morning. Wild Man had lots of fun playing in his new friend's play kitchen. In fact, he's had lots of fun playing in play kitchens recently, so much so that C and I are planning to get him one of his own for his birthday. I had a nice time as well chatting with our neighbor and her friend, who has a little boy 9 days younger than Wild Man. We played for two hours, and then we walked home for lunch. Wild Man played so hard that he was falling asleep at the table! So today, for the first time in weeks, he went down for a nap at his normal naptime and without putting up any fuss. I'm off get some work done while he's down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post made me grin. Your life in Canada is falling into place, one piece at a time.

Lilian said...

Oh, that's great! I so, SOOO wanted my boys to have a play kitchen! Kelvin just adored them from when he was 12 months on. They were too big for our small house, though, and to expensive, of course (the big and sturdy ones I'd like to have had).

I'm thrilled things are finally falling into place for you!