Friday, June 26, 2009

My mom

My mom leaves Sunday, and that makes me really sad. My mom has been here for 2 weeks, and she's been great. She's done all the stuff around the house that she could since she's been here so I could focus on Wild Man before Z's arrival and both boys after Z's arrival. She kept Wild Man calm the evening I went into labor, and she's taken Z every morning so I could go back to sleep and C could get Wild Man ready for school. On top of all of that, we had a week together before Z's birth, and we talked about a lot of stuff that has happened in the past few years. I feel like we understand each other a lot better now. I understand a bit more how hard it was for her when she was first diagnosed with bi-polar and she undersands a bit more how hard it was for me to deal with her diagnosis. I really wish she didn't have to go, and she wanted to extend her ticket. Doing so cost more than either one of us could afford right now, unfortunately. She may come back in August, and she'll definitely be here for Wild Man's birthday in October. In addition to giving birth to a wonderful baby, I also feel like I've gotten my mom back.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh M, that's such wonderful news. Good for you and your mom.

M said...

Thanks, Kate. I knew you'd understand.

p-duck said...

Glad you had a productive visit with her--I know you were worried about it.

Lilian said...

I'm very happy for you and your mom, and sad that she couldn't stay longer. I have an OK relationship with my mom (in spite of having hurt her when she read a blog post that I posted on Mother's day (it was a coincidence) in 2006... we cannot really talk about certain things, but she and my dad have been a GREAT help for us since we had both our sons. And, not to mention the 24 months of help with my dissertation.

I hope you can have more and more time with your mom in the future and that it's as good as it's been this time!

Anonymous said...

QE
批發

seo

網路行銷