Thursday, December 08, 2011

Just for fun

So I'm blogging in an attempt to cheer myself up.  So far it is working.  I left my office for a bit at lunch today to do some shopping.  I bought the boys some Christmas pajamas.  Everyone gets new pajamas on Christmas Eve in our house, so I got these for Wild Man and these for Bear.  I got these pajama pants for Archer, and I picked out a matching t-shirt.  We also make homemade pizza for dinner on Christmas Eve along with gingerbread and sugar cookies.  What are your family's holiday traditions?

3 comments:

rented life said...

I make sugar cookies for the family and take them to my parents, uncle, and aunt. Christmas Eve is a massive dinner at my parents house. 12-14 show up and we have really nice food, sparkling wine and tons of desserts. Lots of chatter, alcohol, sometimes playing games, and just all around fun. After people leave we break out my brother's homemade ice cream. The next morning we exchange gifts and drive to my other aunt's house for assorted snack foods. This year we'll leave from there. Previous years we've spent Dec. 26 with in laws. FIL often works Christmas for the overtime. This year we'll seen them for just a few hours (thankfully) Christmas eve day, before the fun stuff begins. We've tried inviting them over to my parents big meal but they always refuse.

My mouth is watering, thinking about all the good food and desserts. This year I will be making a few gluten-free things for my brother who recently found out that he has an allergy. I hate making all those cookies (150-300 depending on who we're seeing each year), but it's worth it when I see how happy people are. And I can't afford much in gifts.

M said...

Yum! Send me your sugar cookie recipe. They are Archer's favorites, and we have yet to find a recipe we really love.

rented life said...

I'll e-mail it this week. I'll send you my favorite one--it's my mom's and then I'll send you husband's fav (his mom's, with modifications to make them more soft. She tends to make sugar cookie rocks.) I prefer my recipe but I make his for him and some of my other family members like it.