Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Another vent

As of right now, we're going ahead with our planned trip to Home State.  While I was initially excited about this trip, I am no longer excited.  Why might you ask?  Well as Archer and I began to plan the details I suddenly realized, this trip means 4 days in the car with the boys.  Seriously, there is no way this is fun.  It is tolerable.  It is manageable.  It will involve endless coloring, reading the same 4 stories over and over, and lots of Backyardigans on the iPad or the iPod.  It will also involve packing lunches and snacks to save money, except it is December.  Unless we're blessed with stellar weather on the drive South, we won't be able to picnic as it is quite likely to be cold.   I really don't want to drive.  Really.  I don't think I can emphasize that enough.  I really don't want to drive. 

So why are we driving?  Well, Bear is now 2 1/2, which means we would be paying for 4 tickets.  I priced tickets a few weeks ago, and they are holding steady at $250 each.  Given all the expenses for the house we've had, we don't have an extra $1,000 in the budget right now.  If we go, we're driving.  I'm seriously hoping for a massive snowstorm the day we're planning to leave.

No comments: