Monday, June 25, 2007

Some Good News!

I recently proposed a panel at a major conference, and it was accepted! The panel is on a topic very similar to the one of the current chapter I'm working on. Now I have definite motivation to get that chapter finished, so I can turn it into a conference paper fairly easily. I'm working on getting motivated as well. Despite all the stress of last week, I did manage to get three more books read and my syllabus for my summer course, which I start teaching next week, finished. I haven't gotten much writing done, but I am putting myself on a strict time schedule when S and I get back from our trip to visit my grandparents. I want to have 20 pages written by the end of July, which I think is manageable. I know I still have a lot to read before I can finish the chapter I'm working on, but I want to start writing more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! good for you!

L said...

I'm happy for this!! Great!

AcadeMama said...

I forgot to leave this comment when you posted this, but I just wanted to offer a small piece of advice. FWITW, I wouldn't worry too much about the number of pages you're producing. I had similar concerns, which I shared with my advisor, and she assured me that getting the necessary research done *is* making progress, regardless of how many pages I write each week. But I know how hard it is to just want to see *something* down on paper. Hang in there :)