Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I passed!

That sums it up for now. I have lots of thoughts on the defense itself, but for now, I'm exhausted, literally and mentally--although I'm also oddly energized mentally. I received lots of great feedback at the defense, and I am excited to put a lot of the suggestions into my dissertation. Luckily none of the revisions are major, at least not for the dissertation. I got lots of great suggestions for "the book," and overall, the defense itself went much smoother than I ever could have anticipated.

Everyone warned me that it would feel oddly anti-climatic, but I have to say, it feels pretty good.

3 comments:

Kate said...

CONGRATS!!!

Monica said...

love your blog! i'm just finishing qualifying exams this thursday - good to know the end feels good.

so many congratulations! happy mother's day!

Lilian said...

Congratulations, my friend! I'm happy to hear that it feels good, and not anticlimatic. Mine felt great, but the stress of the revision process killed all the good feelings :-( (all because I wanted to participate of commencement).