Saturday, May 23, 2009

Job update

I got word yesterday that I will, in fact, be teaching a full year course for the English Department this coming year. That means I will be gainfully employed for both the fall and spring semesters next year. This is a big relief, financially. But more to the point, I'm thrilled to be teaching for the English Department at CU. I feel like this is a much better department fit for me, and now I can begin getting to know the people in the department. This is the department I'd prefer to be hired in to if we're able to negotiate a tenure-track job for me. And bonus: I get to teach as Dr. M for the first time ever!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

Lilian said...

Congrats!! DR. M.!! I don't feel like a Dr, AT ALL. yeah, sad. Anyway, I'm really happy for you.